Friday, November 7, 2008

More painting and plastering

We continue to be impressed with Wickes 'One Coat' plaster which dried in a couple of days so we put the second layer of plaster on last night. Now all we have to do is fill in the areas where the wall wobbles and flatten off and we'll be all good. Lets just hope it stays on the wall!


If you ever go into B&Q looking for cheap white emulsion because - lets say - you have a large area of walls and ceilings to paint, don't fall for the large 10 litre buckets of trade 'emulsion'. They sit there on the shelf - white and gleaming with the bright orange lids calling you. JUST SAY NO! I think I managed to get more on me and the floor than I did on the ceiling. It's just too thin. It didn't quite spray off the roller, but it did drip a LOT. When you buy emulsion, it's the last thing you expect it to do. The only plus side I can think of is that it didn't stink the entire room out.

No comments: