Thursday, March 10, 2011

Slow down in the work

With the imminent arrival of our first baby, we've had to slow down the work significantly. So I've been concentrating on tidying up some of the work we have done so far. I've added coving round the room of bedroom 4, and round the top of half of the dinning room. Working on the dinning room is difficult as there is so much else stored in there, and I have to keep on moving things round in order to get to the walls. But there has been progress. I've also done significant work to the hallway, which I'm having to concentrate to get that perfect as that's the first thing potential buyers will see when they come in through the front door. We've re-gyrocked the walls, and I've put coving up high. I'm going to have to decide soon what to do about the decorations round the doors in there. They have some slightly fancy mouldings which has been replicated in the living room which I would really like to keep as a selling feature. However, we removed the window in there and replaced it with a doorway, which means the mouldings no longer fit the door. So do I:

  • Replace the mouldings anyway
  • Try to replicate the mouldings

I think it's possible to replicate the mouldings. Whether it will be easy is another matter and only time will tell!

In the meantime a minor victory. Whilst taking apart the surround of the window in the dinning room, I damaged the window sill. I've managed to manufacture a replacement window sill, with relative ease thanks to my insanely dangerous table saw.

I think I've managed to re-upload the video of the me taking down the wall in bedroom 4 in time lapse fashion:



*sigh* It's not as convenient as when I was uploading it to YouTube, but YouTube is having a funny turn. Just click on the photo above and it should take you to the video. Email me if it doesn't!

No comments: